Assistant Account Manager – Monterey, CA
750 Cannery Row
Monterey, CA 93940
Salary Commensurate with experience
Full-time; Full Company Benefits
We are looking for an exceptional Assistant Account Manager to join our Parking and Hospitality Services team.
Who are we?
We are Propark America - a parking management company that has been in business since 1984. Beginning with a lone parking lot in Hartford, Connecticut, we have grown to over 500 locations throughout the United States.
When we say there are growth opportunities within Propark - we mean it!
Many members of our senior management team started out as Valet Associates. We are continuing to expand and always look to promote from within first. Our driving goal is simple: create the perfect parking moment for every guest. To do that, we only hire exceptional people to be a part of our team.
Are we looking for you?
Experienced, Creative, and Independent - is that you?
Our Assistant Account Managers enjoy working in a fun, progressive environment in which people are provided strong direction and then empowered to complete their objectives. This position reports directly to the Account Manager, and is responsible for the daily management of parking operation, including shuttle fleet management, self-parking, and valet services, as well as overseeing your team. The ideal candidate will have previous parking industry experience, with off airport experience preferred.
Does this sound like a position where you could EXCEL?
Let’s find out!
Who are you?
- You are a motivated individual willing to take on new challenges, with management experience in the Parking, Customer Service, and/or Hospitality Industries.
- You are a “roll-up-the-sleeves and get-stuff-done” type of person who is organized, honest and thoughtful.
- Your friends describe you as trustworthy, loyal and dependable.
- You are self-sufficient, resourceful and decisive.
- You see a challenge as an opportunity and are looking for a position with a chance for growth.
- You have a flexible schedule meaning that the position may require working weekends and holidays.
- You have impeccable conversational and written communication skills.
- You have an exceptional way with people and you bring extraordinary results.
To set the stage further - here are some of the things you can expect:
- Supervise and manage all frontline associates, including supervisors, cashiers, valets, attendants and maintenance personnel on a daily basis.
- Handle customer complaints and day-to-day operational issues.
- Act as liaison between customers, staff, and management.
- Make meaningful recommendations for hiring employees, appraising employee productivity, and/or disciplining employees, including termination.
- Assist in training cashiers, valets, and shuttle drivers to ensure meeting of job expectations.
- Provide continuous customer service training for all Propark employees at assigned location.
- Assist in shuttle fleet upkeep, preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Assist office manager with administrative duties.
- Patrol and monitor safety and cleanliness of parking garage and facility.
- Act as point of contact for damage claims and ensure each incident is dealt with completely.
- Process cash receipts and compile bank deposits for bookkeeper revenue reports. Ensure that all deposits are accurate and properly safeguarded.
- Assist in reviewing work schedules to ensure adequate coverage while minimizing expenses.
- Assist in reconciliation of time cards and submission of payroll for Propark staff.
- Ensure compliance of company and client policies and procedures.
- May be asked to fill in for front line associates during their absences.
- May be asked to fill in for Account Manager in his/her absence or on second shift/weekends.
- Prepare reports, surveys and conduct special projects as needed.
Want to hear more? We invite you to click on the link below for the full-job description.
(If the link does not automatically download the file, please copy and paste it into your browser).
Apply Now – select the blue apply button!
We look forward to meeting you and
hope you are 'the exceptional one' we are looking for!
Propark is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.