Job ID: 12650
JOB TITLE: Shuttle Driver - New Haven, CT
LOCATION: New Haven, CT
HOURS: Full Time and Part Time positions open
COMPENSATION: $15.00 per hour
Propark America is one of the nation’s leading parking companies, providing full and limited service parking solutions for hotels, office buildings, retail centers, airports, medical centers, universities, municipal facilities, and residential buildings. Headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut, Propark operates more than 400 locations in convenient markets across the United States, including Rhode Island, New York, Washington D.C., Boston, Cambridge, Cleveland, Cincinnati, San Antonio, San Francisco, Oakland, Palo Alto, Hartford, Stamford and New Haven.
Propark America is seeking a qualified candidate to a shuttle driver position in New Haven, CT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Drives shuttle bus and transports customers to and from off-airport facility and the airport terminals.
• Greets passengers and provides assistance with baggage loading and unloading.
• Operates the shuttle bus in a safe and efficient manner and complies with all traffic and safety regulations.
• Monitors vehicle condition and records malfunctioning items or damage on appropriate forms.
• Communicates with dispatchers, drivers and other employees using a two-way radio system to communicate routes, announcing arrivals and delays, coordinating the pick-up of customers, or handling other vehicle or customer issues that arise.
• Conducts pre/post trip inspections of the shuttle buses at the beginning and end of shift to ensure sound operating conditions.
• Monitors traffic and weather conditions and notifies dispatch or supervisor of potential problems.
• Reports accidents or other safety situations to dispatch or supervisor.
• Treats all customers in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands of this position and the work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions.
Physical Demands: as part of performing the duties associated with this position, the employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands-to-fingers, handle tools or controls, reach with hands or arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25lbs.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be subjected to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes and airborne particles. The noise level in this work environment can range from minimal to moderate.
The above-mentioned essential functions and qualifications may be expanded as necessary and are not to be interpreted as all-encompassing.
To Apply: Please continue to complete our online application by following the prompts above. Please no calls. If you’re past work experience matches our search criteria, a member of our team will contact you to discuss next steps in the interview process. Please note, a resume will be required as part of your application.
Propark is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.