Job Code SMC-32600
TITLE: Full Time Shuttle Driver
10:30am-7:00pm, Monday - Friday
Propark America is one of the nation’s leading parking companies, providing full and limited service parking solutions for office buildings, retail centers, airports, medical centers, universities, municipal facilities, residential buildings and hotels. Headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut, Propark operates more than 400 locations in convenient markets across the United States.
We are looking for motivated, proactive, and customer service oriented individuals who are well disciplined and looking for an exciting opportunity. Strong candidates will be able to provide world class customer service, maintain a professional appearance, and quickly and safely transport customers to and from an off-airport parking facility and the airport terminals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Drives shuttle bus and transports customers to and from on-site destinations.
• Greets passengers and provides assistance with baggage loading and unloading.
• Operates the shuttle bus in a safe and efficient manner and complies with all traffic and safety regulations.
• Monitors vehicle condition and records malfunctioning items or damage on appropriate forms.
• Communicates with dispatchers, drivers and other employees using a two-way radio system to communicate routes, announcing arrivals and delays, coordinating the pick-up of customers, or handling other vehicle or customer issues that arise.
• Conducts pre/post trip inspections of the shuttle buses at the beginning and end of shift to ensure sound operating conditions.
• Monitors traffic and weather conditions and notifies dispatch or supervisor of potential problems.
• Reports accidents or other safety situations to dispatch or supervisor.
• Treats all customers in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands of this position and the work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions.
Physical Demands: as part of performing the duties associated with this position, the employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands-to-fingers, handle tools or controls, reach with hands or arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25lbs.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be subjected to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes and airborne particles. The noise level in this work environment can range from minimal to moderate.
The above-mentioned essential functions and qualifications may be expanded as necessary and are not to be interpreted as all-encompassing.
Propark is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.